Our aim is to actively seek out opportunities to make banking easier for you. We are constantly looking at ways in which the needs of all our customers can be improved. With the use of technology we are finding new ways to make our services more accessible through services such as phone or Internet banking. Our staff are specifically trained to give you as much help as possible.
We are always available to discuss your service needs and welcome feedback on the services we provide.
All of our new and refurbished buildings are designed with the needs of customers in mind, with all counter positions and Welcome desks installed with a hearing induction loop; a counter at a lower level; and a ground floor interview room accessible for wheelchair users wherever possible.
The layout and signage in our refurbished branches are designed with the greatest colour contrast, to help partially sighted customers find their way. Where branches have split level banking wherever possible we provide internal ramps or wheelchair lifts.
Older branches are being similarly upgraded but where there are no current plans to replace the traditional high counters a purpose designed lap tray is provided for the convenience of customers using wheelchairs.
Where we are unable to provide a ramped access to branches either because of physical difficulties or because of local authority planning / listed building refusals we are installing ServiceCall to enable a minimum level of staff service and assistance to be given.
Additional services available include:
- Large print or Braille statements.
- Letters, leaflets and other documentation can be converted to Braille, or large print on request. A range of audio tape brochures are also available - please contact your branch for further details. Staff will be happy to talk through the brochures with you
- Templates that make it easier to write cheques and help you write addresses and sign plastic cards.
- Note gauge that tells you at a touch which bank note is which, based on note size.
- Large print cheque and credit books.
- Hearing induction loop systems are provided in all our branches, to help customers who are hard of hearing. The majority of our branches have these loops installed at the counter or at the enquiries desk and in 1 in 3 interview rooms as well as portable loops. Induction loop systems are tested regularly. If you find that a loop is not working, please tell us.
- We provide Royal National Institute for the Deaf (RNID) registered signers free of charge. The RNID normally needs two weeks' notice to arrange this - please ask your branch to do this for you
- You can contact us by textphone.
- You can contact us via RNID Typetalk on any of our telephone numbers. If you need to be called back and would like us to call you through RNID Typetalk, please tell us when you call
- You can also use fax machines to contact your branch,
Most of the Lloyds TSB Cashpoints® nationwide include features recommended by The Royal National Institute for the Blind (RNIB) for example:
- Audible tone prompts after each key depression to make withdrawals easier.
- raised dot on the ‘5’ key to assist in the orientation of the keypad.
- Moving graphics are kept to a minimum.
Wherever possible Lloyds TSB Cashpoint machines are installed in accordance with the guidelines laid down by the Centre for Accessible Environments. Additionally one in five Lloyds TSB branches nationally have a Cashpoint machine with card inserts lower than the manufacturer's recommended height. They can be found alongside other Cashpoints at our larger branches. If you would like help in using our Cashpoint services – please ask a member of staff who will be able to show you a special demonstration facility.
Our free Internet banking service available to Personal and Business customers holding accounts in the UK. Available from 4am to midnight, 365 days a year, you can use Internet banking to:
Review balances and transactions.
Transfer money between your Lloyds TSB personal accounts or into another person's UK bank account.
Pay bills such as credit card or utility bills.
Set up, change or cancel most standing orders.
View and cancel most Direct Debits.
If you have a Basic Bank account or Cash account, Internet banking services are limited to viewing statements and viewing and cancelling Direct Debits.
Our free-to-use automated telephone service, available 24 hours a day every day of the year, gives you quick access to your accounts.
It’s easy to use – you can either speak your instructions or key them in with a touchtone phone. You can check your balance or recent transactions, order a statement, transfer money between Lloyds TSB accounts and pay bills. You can also access your Lloyds TSB credit cards.
Calls to PhoneBank Express are free, but if you’re calling from your mobile phone, please check with your network provider as you may be charged. If you’re calling from overseas, calls will be charged at the service provider’s rates that apply to the location you are calling from.
To register for PhoneBank Express: 0500 758 020 (+44 1633 759 435 if calling from outside the UK).
PhoneBank is our person-to-person telephone banking service for Platinum Gold and Select account holders and Personal Choice customers. It's available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. You can use PhoneBank to pay bills, check balances, transfer money between your accounts and because we offer a person-to-person service you can also arrange loans, overdrafts and set up or amend standing orders.
If you wish to use our telephone banking services, but feel that you would have difficulty using the service, please contact us to discuss your specific service requirements.