The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust
We provide a wide range of health services to the people of Rotherham (population approximately 252,000) and to an increasing number of patients from further afield.
We were awarded Foundation Trust status in 2005, which means we are an independent body and free from government control. We are regulated by Monitor (the independent regulator of NHS Foundation Trusts).
Rotherham Hospital is our main site. A range of hospital based Medical, Surgical, Paediatric and Obstetric & Gynaecological services are provided here.
Excellent modern facilities include;
- 500 inpatient beds.
- Intensive Therapy and Coronary Care Units.
- Central Theatre Suite.
- Day Surgery Unit and Endoscopy Suite.
Comprehensive Laboratory, Medical Physics and Diagnostic Radiology Departments support the clinical services. CT and MRI scanning are also available.
Our Medical Education Centre has tutorial rooms and a lecture theatre. The Medical Library and information systems are widely acclaimed.
- organises a vigorous medical postgraduate education programme.
- has strong links with the University of Sheffield.
- is renowned for its medical undergraduate training.
Rehabilitation services are provided at the nearby Park Rehabilitation Centre.
The Hospital also acts as a base for:
- A number of mental health services, managed by The Rotherham, Doncaster and South Humber Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust.
- Child Development Centre.
- Post and Undergraduate Education for Sheffield University.
- Ambulance Station for the Yorkshire Ambulance Service.
- Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council Hospital-based Social Services.
- Renal Unit, managed by Sheffield Teaching Hospitals.
- Diabetes Centre.
- South Yorkshire Sexual Assault Referral Centre, staffed by South Yorkshire Police and Hospital Staff to treat children and adults in a safe and caring environment.
- Leapfrog Nursery.